DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Mishkeegogamang First Nation is seeking a dynamic leader to join its management team as Director of Operations.
As a key member of our high performance team, you will have an unwavering commitment and focus on successful implementation of the annual operating plan, expanding membership and achieving long-term financial sustainability. You will provide strategic leadership to the financial and administrative functions of the organization ensuring exceptional service and overall accountability to community members.
Under the direction of the Executive Director and working closely with the Chief and Council, this position has overall responsibility for developing financial, budget and operational controls and reporting; overseeing all functions, directing effective and efficient office, human resource and administrative procedures and standards; managing benefit and insurance programs and contracts/leases of the organization and, ensuring adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
In particular, the Director ensures that Mishkeegogamang First Nation is compliant with all federal and provincial funding partner financial reporting requirements, provides the Executive Director, Chief and Council, and Program Managers with detailed and up-to-date financial reporting information for review, recommends policy and procedure related to the overall operations of the organization, and maintains the organizations information, records and databases.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Excellent organizational, administrative and leadership skills.
· Post-secondary education in the area of accounting, financial management, business administration or equivalent.
· Minimum of five years experience working in a financial management capacity within a not-for-profit organization.
· Expertise in managing all financial aspects including budgeting, monthly reporting and annual audits
· Familiar with human resource policy and procedure, compensation and benefit program administration.
· Knowledge and experience with Adagio or similar accounting program.
· Great attention to detail and ability to develop, implement and maintain the policies of the organization.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills
· Self starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
A full job description is available upon request.
Please send a resume with three work-related references to: Mishkeegogamang First Nation
Please Note: The hiring of the successful candidate to this position is subject to a Criminal Record Check.